The great outdoors has become my newest friend. Every weekend Grant (my beagle-dachshund mix) and I spend hours walking in the Fan, going to the dog park, the river and sitting under trees at Libby Hill Park.
Weekends are our time – however, during our adventures, I get hungry.
Thinking there would be plenty of dog friendly patios, I did a quick Google search and discovered only a handful of options – none which excited me (or Grant).
I know there had to be much more so I dug some more. I’ve reached out to dozens restaurants and compiled a list that’s sure to give you and your pups a chance to grab a bite to eat or a cool drink …
1. Strangeways Brewery (2277 Dabney Rd)
2. Alamo BBQ (2202 Jefferson Ave) Churchill
3. Southern Railway Taphouse (111 Virginia St #100) Downtown
4. Caliente (2922 Park Ave) Museum District
5. Crossroads (3600 Forest Hill Ave) Southside
6. Lamplighter (26 N Morris St) VCU/Fan
7. Center of the Universe Brewing (11293 Air Park Rd) Ashland
8. Hardywood (2408 Ownby Ln)
9. Food Truck Court (at Hardywood or Richmond First Baptist Church at Robinson & Monument)
10. Cafe Caturra – (5811 Grove Ave) Near West End
11. The Savory Grain (2043 W Broad) The Fan
12. Ipanema Cafe (917 W Grace St) The Fan
13. Union Market (2306 Jefferson Ave) Church Hill
14. Fresca on Addison (22 S Addison St) The Fan
15. F.W. Sullivan’s (2401 Main St) The Fan
16. Portrait House (2907 W Cary St) Carytown
17. Barrel Thief (5805 Patterson Ave) Near West End
18. McAlister’s Deli (1300A Gaskins Rd) West End
19. Brio Tuscan Grille (9210 Stony Point Pkwy) Stony Point
20. Casa Del Barco (320 S 12th St) Downtown
21. Ardent (3200 W Leigh St) Scotts Addition
22. Barrel House (140 Virgina St) Downtown
23. Triple Crossing Brewing (113 S Foushee St) Downtown. They’ll be starting their Dog Days of Summer soon.
24. 23rd & Main Taproom at Sette (2300 Main St) Shockoe Bottom. They even have a Monday Yappy Hour until 8 for doggy parents. Genius.
25. Acacia (2601 W Cary St) The Fan
26. Weezie’s Kitchen (3123 W Cary St) Carytown
27. Home Team Grill (1630 W Main St) The Fan
28. Poe’s Pub (2706 E Main) Shockoe Bottom
29. Patrick Henry’s Pub (2300 E Broad St) Church Hill
30. The Franklin Inn (800 N Cleveland St) Museum District
31. En Su Boca (1001 N Boulevard Ave) The Fan / Diamond
32. Palani Drive (401 Libbie Ave) Near West End
33. Ellwood Thompson’s patio (4 N Thompson St) Carytown
34. Millie’s Diner (2603 E Main St) Shockoe Bottom
35. King of Pops (3001 W Clay St) Scotts Addition
36. Bar Louie (11788 W Broad St) Short Pump
37. Deco Ristorante (2901 Park Ave) Museum District
38. American Taproom (1601 Willow Lawn) Willow Lawn
39. Station 2 (2016 E Main St) Shockoe Bottom
40. Urban Farmhouse (3015 Norfolk Rd) Scott’s Addition
41. Isley Brewing Company (1715 Summit Ave) Scott’s Addition
If there are any to add, feel free to shout it out in a comment or at firstname.lastname@example.org.